The following general instructions apply to the Student Union’s sauna, kitchen and other facilities rented on a one-time basis. The renter is responsible for rental facilities and movables for the time period when the renter has the key for facilities. If the rules are broken, the renter will be sanctioned for every point according to the list as follows.
The Board of AYY has made a temporary decision at its meeting 15/2017 regarding one-time rental facilities:
All rentals of one-time rental facilities for student organizations outside AYY require the person renting and the person in charge of the event to be at least 20 years of age. The person renting the space and/or the person in charge must be prepared to have their age checked when fetching the keys from the AYY office. The keys will not be released to people under 20 years of age.
All rentals of one-time rental facilities for other parties outside AYY require the person renting and the person in charge of the event to be at least 25 years of age. The person renting the space and/or the person in charge must be prepared to have their age checked when fetching the keys from the AYY office. The keys will not be released to people under 25 years old.
The renter is responsible for ensuring that:
- Checklist for facilities is carefully completed on arrival (sanction 30 €)
- User hours are not exceeded (sanction 50–150 €. In addition a night user fee will be added to the renter, in case a permission hasn’t been applied. Repeated evasion of this rule will lead to a ban to rent facilities.)
- Facilities must be empty and cleaned by the end of the reservation
- Facilities are used in accordance with the law, regulations and good manners (sanction 100 € + a ban to rent facilities. The ban to associations is 6 months, to which you can make an appeal; to private renters the ban is one year.)
- Facility-specific rules, the rules and regulations of Teekkari Village
- The level of noise must remain reasonable throughout the event
- Use of facilities must not cause significant harm to residents
- The castle warden’s authority and judgment is respected
- Beverage fridges and refrigerators are switched on at all times (sanction 75 €)
- Equipment and movable property in facilities are kept in good condition (sanction 100 €, additional fee from possible furniture etc. breaks + a ban to rent facilities)
- Report any changes in the condition of facilities in the checklist
- No smoking indoors!
- Waste is sorted (sanction 50–100 €)
- Always take bio and mixed waste to their own containers
- You do not have to empty the paper, cardboard, glass, energy and metal waste containers if they are not full.
- Only put cleaned collection waste to containers. Also make sure that containers are empty.
- When you leave, please clean and arrange the facilities carefully (sanction 50–400 €, additional fee from possible cleaning expences will be added + a ban to rent facilities)
- Place the furnishings in good order
- Wipe tables and chairs clean
- Sweep rubbish off the floor and wipe other traces
- Clean the toilets
- Clean and organise the kitchen
- Wipe all counters
- Wash the dishes and leave them to dry
- Clean ovens and refrigerators
- Neatly display the kitchen utensils mentioned in the checklist
- Store cookware and kitchen utensils not mentioned in the checklist, as well as extra dry ingredients in a possible ”extra item drawer”, not anywhere else.
- Also clear rubbish from the surroundings of facilities (sanction 50–400 €)
- (NB: Smökki and Rantasauna)
- When you leave, please make sure that (sanction from 50 € and up, depending on the costs ensued from mistakes made)
- No one stays indoors after you leave
- Windows are closed and doors are carefully locked
- Lights and other electrical appliances (excluding refrigerators) are switched off
Keys for facilities and the checklist are returned to the service point by 12noon on the following day. Failure to read the instructions or failure to comply with instructions does not exempt the renter from liability. If something is broken or damaged, please report this to firstname.lastname@example.org.