The new AYY shared communal car is here! The car is located in Otaniemi Espoo.
Booking and using the communal shared car works with the Autonappi app. How to start using it:
- Download the Autonappi app from the Play Store or Apple Store. You can find it by searching for “Autonappi”. The app is currently in Finnish and English.
- When you open the app, you can see a registration button near the bottom. The app asks for a name, phone number, email address (use your aalto.fi email) and a picture of your driver’s license.
- Write the registration code: AYY
- Read and accept the user agreement.
- Soon after you will receive an email to your aalto.fi email, telling that the information has been submitted for checking. When the person on Autonappi’s end has checked and validated your information, you will receive a username that you can use to log in.
After receiving your username and password, you are ready to use the app and the car.
When logging in to the service, you can add a credit/debit card from the settings menu found in top right corner. Paying for the rental is done with this card.
What is the car like?
The car is a Skoda Fabia. Grey in color, registration number XNZ-105. You can also identify it from the AYY sticker on the hood of the car. The car has a stick shift. The car is not equipped with a towing hitch during the pilot testing period. The car has a parking radar, with a panel showing the distance to objects.
Here’s how to use the car!
Once you’ve registered and received the username and password to your email, you can book the car with the Autonappi app. The app is also used to open the car doors and start the car, so no key fetching is needed.
Initiate the booking by choosing “Begin driving” (or the like) in the app.
After this, the app will tell you to take four pictures of the vehicle.
When you go into the car, first open the glove compartment and read the user instructions carefully. The user instructions are in Finnish, Swedish and English.
You can start the car using by pressing the start button inside the car. The car doors are unlocked and locked with the Autonappi app.
Filling the tank
The car is always rented with gasoline. When the tank is less than ½ full, you have the responsibility to tank it up with the gas card found in the glove compartment, either at a Shell or Neste gas station. The gas cards should be kept in the racks reserved for them. There is a PIN code behind the Neste card. There is no PIN for the Shell card. Always pay at the cash register when fueling, and take the receipt. The car needs to be fueled by the renting party using the gas card always when the tank is less than half full.
The car is fetched from and returned to the AYY parking space outside the Otaniemi office.
The car has a parking disc and EasyPark and Parkman stickers. You can download the EasyPark or Parkman app and use them to pay for parking, eliminating the need to pay with cash at the parking meter.