As a member of AYY, you can use all AYY’s services. The Student Union promotes your interests both at the University and on the national level.
The new AYY shared communal car is here! More information here.
As a member of the Student Union and a student at Aalto University you can
- apply for AYY’s housing
- use Finnish Student Heath Service provided by FSHS
- rent AYY’s facilities rented on a one-time basis or the van
- subscribe to the weekly and/or association newsletter
- apply for TTER-Fund’s project grant for a project to be implemented with a group of friends or your association
- apply for scholarships allocated by AYY
- get a free academic year calendar from the service point
- use Unisport‘s sports services for affordable student prices
- get help, support and advice for the establishment and operations of the association
- utilise AYY’s advocacy work when you feel you have been treated unjust
- run as a candidate in the Representative Council elections and become a member of the Representative Council where you can decide on the Student Union’s priorities and policies
- apply for a position of a student representative in administration and promote the students’ interests in the university organs
- read the member magazine Aino (only in Finnish)
By showing your student card, you are entitled to national student benefits: VR, HSL and Matkahuolto provide public transport at a discounted price, Kela subsidises meal costs and YTHS provides Finnish Student Heath ServiceThe list of all benefits available with the student card can be found at frank.fi/en.
In addition the the above-listed, you are entitled to the resources of the student union specialists: they provide advise and expertise in a number of matters, ranging from income to communications. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is something wrong! Contact information can be found here.