Type: Temporary, full-time, 37.5 hours a week
Stage of studies: University studies undertaken
Starting date: 22nd of January 2018 or according to agreement
Location: Otakaari 11, Espoo
Wage: According to the Student Union collective labor agreement, grade III, starting at 2100 €
Application deadline: 10th of January 2018 at 16:00.
The Aalto University Student Union AYY is looking for a full-time Student Advocacy Specialist and Executive Manager for TOKYO ry (organization for students of Aalto University’s School of Arts, Design and Architecture) to work as a substitute for the current Executive Manager while they are on parental leave. The employment will start on the 22nd of January 2018 or according to agreement, and it will last until the 31st of January 2019. The selected person will be introduced to the task at the start of the employment.
- Coordinating the Student Union’s Year of Art 2018 project
- Substitute for TOKYO’s Executive Manager
- responsible for the organization’s administration and planning tasks as well as event production-related tasks
- Doing advocacy work for ARTS students and supporting the advocacy activities of volunteers
- Cooperation with various stakeholder groups, such as the school and the University
- Participating in the planning and implementation of the transfer of university functions of Aalto ARTS in the summer of 2018
- Relevant studies in a higher education institution
- Expertise in the areas of responsibility and in organizational activities
- Good knowledge of the field and study of arts
- Fluent Finnish and English oral and written skills
- Ability to comprehend large issues and adopt new things
- Skill to adapt to changing situations
- An independent manner, enthusiasm and initiative, swift execution of decisions and flexibility with office hours from time to time
Seen as a plus for the job:
- A vision for the development of the Student Union’s activities as a student union of arts
- Experience in leading projects and teams
- Experience in applying for grants/funding
- Swedish skills
What we offer:
- A versatile and challenging task where you get to implement your own ideas and develop your knowledge
- An expert team in a changing and enthusiastic work community in a youthful organization
- Opportunity to apply for an AYY apartment
- Opportunity to work from home
The job is full-time (37.5 hours a week). The wage is defined according to the Student Union collective labor agreement. Places of work include AYY’s Service Point in Arabia and AYY’s Central Office and TOKYO’s office located in Otaniemi, Espoo.
If you are the person we seek, send your application along with your CV by the 10th of January 2018, by 16:00 to email@example.com. Please submit your documents in PDF. We will confirm all applications as received. We aim to organize the interviews during the 3rd week of the year, and the announcement on hiring will be made as soon as possible after the interviews have concluded.
We will contact the endorsers of the applicants during the process. Please add the personal contact information of your endorsers into your CV or application already during the application process.
For more information on the task, please contact Specialist Anna Merikari (tel. 050 520 9439) on the 28th of December 2017 from 11:00 to 13:00 or between the 8th and 9th of January 2018 from 12:00 to 15:00, or AYY’s Secretary General Niko Ferm (tel. 050 520 9415).
The Aalto University Student Union (AYY) is a service and advocate association for nearly 15 000 students of the Aalto University. AYY employs about 50 people and dozens of volunteers and associations work within its sphere of influence. AYY is a young and innovative player in the student union field, one where you can implement your own ideas and create something new. As a working environment, AYY is modern and very flexible.