Type: Temporary, full-time, 37.5 hours a week
Stage of studies: University studies undertaken
Starting date: 22nd of January 2018, or according to agreement
Location: Otakaari 11, Espoo
Wage: According to the Student Union collective labor agreement, grade III, starting at 2107 €
Application deadline: 2nd of January 2018, at 12:00.
AYY is searching for an enthusiastic person interested in developing community operations to work as a substitute for our current organizational affairs and communications specialist until the end of his study leave from the 22nd of January 2018 until the 21st of February 2020 or according to agreement.
The organizational affairs and communications specialist handles both internal tasks pertaining to the Student Union and takes an active part in enabling the internal activities and cooperation of the associations in the community.
The tasks of a specialist entail but are not limited to:
- Supporting and advising the 200+ organizations working within the Student Union’s sphere of influence in matters related to e.g. rules and regulations.
- Controlling and maintaining the Student Union’s association register
- Taking care of distributing the operating grants for associations
- Planning and implementation of training activities aimed towards associations
- Internal communications of the Student Union and community communications to associations
- Main responsibility for the Student Union’s website
- Managing the social media channels of the Student Union
- Assisting other people active in the Student Union in tasks related to communications
We hope that our new specialist will bring broad knowledge about the development of student communities with them, as well as an enthusiastic attitude towards training and a high threshold for handling pressure even in crisis situations.
- Relevant studies in a higher learning institution/university.
- Experience on communications and knowledge of the tasks mentioned above.
- A good skillset for working and interacting in a team, the ability to comprehend large issues and adopt new things, and the skill to adapt to changing situations.
- An independent manner, enthusiasm and initiative, swift execution of decisions and flexibility with office hours from time to time.
- Good skills in English and Finnish, both oral and written.
Seen as a plus for the job:
- Knowledge of crisis communications
- Versatile knowledge on student union issues and association issues
- Experience of volunteer activities
- Knowledge of the legislation and activities of officials that concern associations
- Good skills in Swedish, oral and/or written
- Versatile knowledge of IT
What we offer:
- A versatile and challenging task where you get to implement your own ideas and develop your knowledge
- An expert team in a changing and enthusiastic work community in a youthful organization
- Opportunity to apply for an AYY apartment
- Opportunities to work from home and good office spaces in Otaniemi with great public transport options along the West Metro.
If you are who we seek, send your application along with a CV by the 2nd of January 2018, by 12:00 (noon) to email@example.com. Please submit your documents in PDF.
We will confirm all applications as received. The interviews are aimed to be organized during the 2nd week of the year, and the announcement on hiring will be made as soon as possible after the interviews have concluded.
We will contact the endorsers of the applicants during the process. Please add the personal contact information of your endorsers into your CV or application already during the application process.
More information on the task from organizational affairs and communications specialist Ahto Harmo (050 520 9442) on 27nd – 29th December 2017 at 11.00-13.00.
The Aalto University Student Union (AYY) is a service and advocate association for nearly 15 000 students of the Aalto University. AYY employs about 50 people and dozens of volunteers and associations work within its sphere of influence. AYY is a young and innovative player in the student union field, one where you can implement your own ideas and create something new. AYY’s advocacy work includes e.g. various questions regarding student housing, zoning, livelihood, well-being and employment. As a working environment, AYY is young and very flexible.