Apartments rented by Aalto University Student Union may be sublet only under certain, strictly limited conditions. Please read these instructions very carefully and agree on the subletting on time with the Housing Office according to the rules in order to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- AYY’s rental housing may be sublet only under the same conditions and at the same rent than what is stated in your own rental agreement.
- If you leave your furniture in the apartment for the use of the tenant, you may, however, collect rent for the furniture from the tenant.
- During the summer months, 1 April – 30 Sept, you may sublet your apartment to anyone for the maximum duration of four (4) months.
- Otherwise, the apartment can only be sublet to Aalto University Student Union members for the period when the primary tenant completes:
- military service
- student exchange or study-related internship abroad
- The right for any other kind of subtenancy agreements or subtenancies lasting for over one year can be applied for from the Housing Committee in writing (application to the Housing Committee).
- Subletting is always handled through Domo system.
- Subletting can be found under the information in the rental agreement
- Form for subletting AYY apartment: Simplified version of the subletting form.
- A tenant must submit an official document on the student exchange or other reason for subletting.
Here you can get to know specific regulations concerning the subletting of AYY’s apartments and their explanations.