Aalto University Student Union AYY is the advocacy and service organisation of nearly 15 000 students. Altogether, AYY employs around 50 people and has dozens of volunteers and organisations operating within it. AYY is a young and innovative operator in the student union field that enables people to bring their ideas into life and to create new things. As a working environment, AYY is youthful and very flexible.
We are currently looking for a Secretary of Member Services to join our team
AYY’s services office, located in Otaniemi, Espoo, assists members in different matters relating to membership and the Student Union’s services. As Secretary of Member Services, you are an important part of the team doing its share for realising the vision of our Student Union: AYY – The best student’s life in the world.
The duties of the Secretary include customer service (electronically, by phone and in person), duties relating to invoicing and cashier services, controlling and developing the processes relating to rentable facilities, and otherwise supporting the office and the service operations.
Requirements from the applicant:
- Customer service spirit and self-initiative
- Strong team working skills and a positive outlook on development
- Ability to withstand pressure and occasional flexibility in working hours
- Specificity with numbers and papers
- Mastering MS Office programmes
- Fluent oral and written skills of Finnish and English
Aspects advantageous to the applicant:
- Fluent oral and written skills of Swedish
- Experience of customer service work
We offer you:
- A permanent and full-time working relationship (37.5 weekly working hours)
- A versatile and challenging position as part of an enthusiastic work community
- A functional working environment in Otaniemi, with good transport connections
- The possibility to apply for residence in the Student Union’s apartments in Espoo and Helsinki
Working at the Student Union requires enthusiasm, effective execution of decisions and occasional flexibility in working hours. A certain educational background is not required; instead, the deciding factor is aptitude for the position. You will be inducted to the position.
The work begins as mutually agreed as soon as a suitable person is found. The salary is determined by the collective labour agreement for student unions (salary class II, acknowledging also possible education and experience supplements).
We will be contacting the recommenders of the proceeding applicants during the application process. Please add the contact details of your recommenders to your CV or application when applying.
Freely formatted applications with CVs should be sent to rekrytointi(at)ayy.fi by Mon 12 Nov 2018 at 4pm. You will be notified of the receipt of your application. Interviews are intended to take place in weeks 46-47, and applicants will be notified of the selection as soon afterwards as possible.
More information on the position is available from Service Manager Riitu Nuutinen, riitu.nuutinen(at)ayy.fi or tel. 050 520 9450 (Fri 2 Nov at 10-12 noon and Tue 6 Nov at 2–4 pm).
Learn about our operations at www.ayy.fi/en. AYY emphasises equality and diversity in its operations. We are hoping for applicants with different backgrounds and genders.