Are you a person with initiative, customer service spirit and an interest in housing? Apply to be a part of AYY’s Member Services and Housing team!
The AYY Espoo service office in Otaniemi helps members in issues pertaining to housing. As the Housing Secretary, you are an important part of a team that does its part to make our Student Union’s vision a reality:
AYY – The best student living in the world.
The tasks of a Housing Secretary include:
- customer service face to face, on the phone and online
- handling apartment applications
- drafting rental agreements
- participating in developing housing services
- in addition, you will participate in producing and developing other AYY member services and in communications pertaining to services.
You will be working with AYY’s own housing system Domo, which you will be trained to use.
What we expect:
- Good customer service attitude and initiative
- Experience on customer service
- Good people skills
- A positive attitude on development and teamwork
- Occasional flexibility with working hours
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in Finnish and English, both oral and written
Considered as a bonus:
- Fluency in Swedish, oral and/or written
- Experience in real estate or the rental apartment business
What we offer:
- Permanent and full-time work contract (weekly working hours 37.5)
- A versatile and challenging position as a part of an enthusiastic work community
- Good office spaces in Otaniemi, within good commuting routes and the West Metro, with an occasional option for working from home
- An opportunity to apply for an apartment governed by the Student Union in Espoo or Helsinki
Working in the Student Union requires enthusiasm, effective execution of decisions and occasional flexibility in working hours. A certain, specific background of studies is not required; Suitability for the task is key. We will train you for the job.
Work starts immediately when the suitable person is found, according to the contract. The wages are based on the student union collective labor agreement (grade II, plus possible training and experience bonuses).
We will contact your recommenders during the applications process, so please include contact information for recommendations in your CV or application.
Please send your free-form applications no later than February 27th 2018 by 12:00 noon to rekrytointi(at)ayy.fi. We aim to organize the interviews during the 10th week of the year, and the announcement on hiring will be made as soon as possible after the interviews have concluded.
For more information on the task, please contact Service Manager Riitu Nuutinen, riitu.nuutinen(at)ayy.fi or via telephone, 050 520 9450 (Monday, February 12th between 13:00 and 15:00 and Thursday, February 22nd between 13:00 and 15:00).
Find out more about our activities at www.ayy.fi. AYY focuses on equality and diversity in its actions. We hope to receive applicants from various different backgrounds and genders.
The Aalto University Student Union (AYY) is a service and advocate association for nearly 15 000 students of the Aalto University. AYY employs about 50 people and dozens of volunteers and associations work within its sphere of influence. AYY is a young and innovative player in the student union field, one where you can implement your own ideas and create something new. As a working environment, AYY is young and very flexible. Offering affordable student housing near your place of study is a central member service of AYY. It owns about 2500 apartments, which are rented to AYY members.