Type: Permanent, full-time
Required background: End of studies – Graduated
Working hours: 37,5 hours/week
Starting date: Jan-Feb 2018
Location: Otakaari 11, Espoo
Application deadline: Tuesday, 2nd of January 2018
AYY is looking for an Advocacy and Communications Manager! In this role you get to plan, lead and implement effective advocacy work and act as the manager of the advocacy and communications teams. Your task is to increase the effectiveness of the advocacy work done in AYY and undertaken by it in its stakeholder groups, build AYY’s new brand and be in charge of implementing the societal influencing part of AYY’s new strategy.
We require you to have an understanding of communications and influencing that pertains to student advocacy, and knowledge of manager work and team leading through work, association activities or hobbies. Successful management of the task requires understanding large entities and creating new ideas. You have excellent interaction skills and an eye for strategy. In your work, you take the initiative, aim for solutions and have a positive view on development and teamwork. You like sparring others, but you also let your team members work their own vision out freely. The youthful group at AYY is united in a relaxed attitude and an interest in student organization activities, so we hope you are interested in student activities and wish to commit to the job for a long time.
- Completed or near-completed studies in higher education that pertain to the task
- Understanding of student advocacy and the communications and influencing work that pertains to it
- Knowledge of management through either work, hobbies or association activities
- Excellent interaction skills and a solution-oriented mindset in work
- Time-to-time flexibility in working hours
- Fluency in English and Finnish
Seen as a plus for the job:
- Fluency in Swedish
What we offer:
- Responsibility and development opportunities in an enthusiastic work community
- A versatile and challenging task where you can really see the fruits of your labor
- Opportunities to work from home and good office spaces in Otaniemi with great public transport options along the West Metro.
- Opportunity to apply for an AYY apartment
The work contract is full-time and permanent. The work starts according to contract as soon as the suitable candidate is found. The wages are based on the student union collective labor agreement (wage grade IV, plus relevant experience and education bonuses).
Interested? Send us your CV and application no later than by Tuesday, 2nd of January 2018 at: https://apply.atalent.fi/ayy-vaikuttamisen-ja-viestinnan-paallikko-12-2017. Please mention your preferred salary in your application, along with your earliest starting date. The interviews will be held at AYY during week 2, so mark that down in your calendar. We will contact your recommenders during the applications process, so please include contact information for recommendations in your CV or application.
More information on the task and process from Niko Ferm (0505209415) and aTalent Recruitment Manager Meeri Sarkkinen (050 4350511, firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Aalto University Student Union (AYY) is a service and advocate association for nearly 15 000 students of the Aalto University. AYY employs about 50 people and dozens of volunteers and associations work within its sphere of influence. AYY is a young and innovative player in the student union field, one where you can implement your own ideas and create something new. As a working environment, AYY is modern and very flexible. Read more at www.ayy.fi.