The traditional Aalto 10K and Aalto 5K take place on Sunday 18 September 2016 at 13.00. You can run, jog, walk, or Nordic walk the distance of your choice.
The event is part of Espoo marathon and half-marathon, which also Aalto members are welcome to take part in. This event takes place on Saturday 17 September 2016.
The start line for both events is at Espoo Otaranta, by Laajalahti shore.
- If you participate in Aalto 10K or 5K, the university takes care of the participation fees.
- Espoo marathon and half-marathon participation fee for Aalto University staff/students is 40€. (Fee is 0€ if you register as a volunteer official to work for few hours during either Friday 16 September or on Sunday 18 September at the Aalto 10K/5K event) Register as a volunteer, more info in here (inside.fi or read text below)
All Participants will receive a technical “Rantamaraton 2016” running shirt, which has e.g. the university’s logo on it.
- Registration for Aalto 10K and 5K is open as of Mon 1 Feb 2016 at 9.00, and it ends on Sun 11 Sep 2016 at 23.59.
- Registration for the marathon and half-marathon is open as of Monday 1 Feb 2016 at 9.00, and it closes (at Aalto fee) on Sun 11 Sep 2016 at 23.59.
- Make sure, that you select ‘Aalto University’ in the ‘Organisation’ box. That way the organisers will know that you are qualified for a discounted participation fee. Student number or place of work will also need to be given on the registration form.
- Tähän linkki vapaaehtoisten toimitsijoiden hakuun
Come and have a fun day out!
Aalto 10K and Aalto 5K form a social event for staff, students and alumni. The event is organised close to the beginning of the academic year. Last year, some 1 500 Aalto members took part in the event.
Jenni Ståhl, HR, email@example.com tel: 0505961099
Espoo marathon and half-marathon (rantamaraton.fi)
Officials needed for Aalto 10K -running event on September 2016
Aalto University will recruit again 20 volunteer officials to work as the maintenance staff of Aalto 10K – running event which is held as part of the Espoo Rantamarathon running event, on the weekend of 16.9 -18.9.2016.
Come and join and help us make the event happen again 2016 !
The programme of the weekend 16.9-18.9.2016
Friday 16 September 2016 Marathon/running event office opens
Saturday 17 September 2016 Espoo Rantamarathon (42,195km)
Saturday 17 September 2016 Espoo half-marathon (21,1km)
Sunday 18 September 2016 Aalto 10K (“Aalto-kymppi”) (10km)
Sunday 18 September 2016 Aalto 5 K (“Aalto vitonen”) (5km)
Volunteer official shifts are (minimum shift length is 4-5 hours):
- on Friday 16 September at 13-19 (event office tasks at Otahalli/ Otaniemi)
- on Sunday 18 September at 9-14 (event office tasks at Otahalli/Otaniemi)
- on Sunday 18 September at 13-16 (maintaining the water stands during the race)
The officials will get the technical sports shirt with Aalto and Rantamaraton logos, some packed lunch and the possibility to participate the marathons (full marathon or half marathon) on Saturday 17 September free of charge (value 40 euros).
In case you would like to volunteer AND run the Aalto 10K(10km) on Sunday 18 September, you can either take the Friday shift or then the Sunday 18 September morning shift 9-14 (you can leave your volunteer tasks slightly earlier to prepare yourself for the run ).
Registration as a volunteer
Registration is done by email. Provide the following information:
- Telephone number
- Shift you would like to take
- And in case you want to get the free of charge run at the Epoo Rantamarathon or half marathon on Saturday 17.9.2016 as a compensation of being a volunteer, let me know which run you are taking (marathon or half marathon) and your date of birth. (we’ll sign you in to the marathon/half marathon on your behalf)
Register at latest Wednesday 31 August 2016 by sending the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note, that volunteer officials, who choose to take the possibility to run the Espoo Rantamartahon/half marathon free of charge need to provide doctor’s statement in case they do not show up to their volunteer tasks. In case no-show, bill (40 euro Espoo Rantamarathon fee) will be sent to the volunteer.
Jenni Ståhl, tel 050 5961099, email@example.com