1. Operating grants timetable
Operating grants will be dealt with in the meeting of the Board in week 18.
Operating grants will be announced at the address http://ayy.fi/en/associations/services/operating-grants/operating-grants-2016/ 9.5. and go out for payment in week 19 to those associations that meet all the requirements for the payment of operating grants.
2. Advance booking of AYY’s facilities rented on a one-time basis to start on 4 May!
The advance booking of AYY’s facilities rented on a one-time basis will start on Wednesday, 4 May 2016.
Advance bookings are organised by using AYY’s own booking system TILA.
TILA can be found at https://tila.ayy.fi/ and the users log on with Aalto University’s IT username, using the same logging system as when using Into, for example. The easiest way to get started is to read the instructions behind the Instructions/Help link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
You can make advance reservations for the period Mon, 15 Aug 2016 – Sun, 8 Jan 2017.
The schedule for facility reservations in the system is as follows:
- AYY’s internal operators, reservation period 18 Apr – 3 May 2016. The reservation period ends at 11.59pm on Tue, 3 May 2016.
- Special status associations 4 – 11 May 2016. The reservation period begins at 12noon on Wed, 4 May and ends at 3pm on Wed, 11 May 2016. The booking session will be held in the Bachelor Building (OK1) hall M1 (M232) from 4pm onwards on Wed, 11 May 2016.
- Other associations in the 1st list of AYY’s association register on 12 – 20 May 2016. The reservation period begins at 8am on Thu, 12 May and ends at 3pm on Fri, 20 May 2016. The booking session will be held in the Bachelor Building (OK1) hall A1 from 4.30pm onwards on Fri, 20 May 2016.
Check out the entire advance booking schedule here.
A few notes about the making of reservations:
- In advance booking, facilities are reserved under the name of associations. The activation key has been sent to the email address provided by an association (usually this is the mailing list address of the association board) already in the spring, so the person who has handled the facility bookings of the association this year may distribute representation rights through TILA if necessary.
- If you receive representation rights for a group, the message subject is ”TILA: Activation key for group GROUP NAME”. The activation key can only be used once, so the person who has first logged on to the system may add representation rights to suitable persons in the group in order to make reservations. The reservation right is only activated for the associations which have filled out the association notice and whose information has been updated to the association register this year.
- Enter the event name in the reservation. If there is no name, the event may be deleted if there are several reservations for the same date at the later stages of the booking session.
- Please note that AYY’s internal reservations are mainly permanent.
- Special status associations have the opportunity topermanently book facilities for anniversaries and anniversary brunches. If there are reservations by two separate associations, of which one is anniversary or brunch of a special status association, the special status association will have the reservation. Other reservations of special status associations should be defended at a later booking session. Therefore, in the advance booking session of special status associations, we will first clarify the duplicate reservation of special status associations and in the second booking session we will clarify all the rest of the duplicate reservations.
- Duplicate bookings can only be made within the reservation periods. After the end of the reservation period, associations can edit, delete or add new reservations which do not overlap with other reservations. Any duplicate reservations can be cancelled by using your own username in the advance booking session, so please bring your laptop in order to get the event running smoothly.
- Only reserve the facility for times when you really need it. If possible, please avoid reservations for the following times:
PO has rehearsals at Smökki every Monday at 6pm-9pm and RWBK every Tuesday at 5pm-10pm. So please avoid sitsit on Mondays and Tuesdays!
b. The multi-purpose facility and tatami hall are actively used by trainers on a daily basis between 4pm and 11pm. Reservations before 4pm are usually available.
- Renovation of Jämeräntaival 3-5-7 houses will most likely start in the turn of the year. Because the exact date nor the property where the renovation stars is not clear at this time, we will hold the right to cancel bookings made in the facilities of the house under renovation. We will inform the users about this as soon as we have more information.
- System instructions are available in Finnish and English. The implementation of the Swedish interface and instructions are in progress. In addition, TILA system is being further developed. Users are asked to report about detected problems, inconsistencies in the text or development ideas to the address email@example.com.
If you have not received your confirmation code for the user group that you represent or if you have any other questions related to advance booking sessions, please contact Administrative Director (johanna.pietilainen (a) ayy.fi, 050-5209434).
3. Aalto Wellbeing Week
In autumn, the AYY and Aalto University are arranging a wellbeing week in week 40 (3.10.-7.10.2016) for all Aalto people. There are many events in store, including lectures relating to wellbeing, the workouts of Unisport and various kinds of workshops. Would you like your association to be involved in the week’s programme, for example through a try-out of a sport or some other activity? If interested, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come to the development cooperation week with your association!
The AYY is arranging a development cooperation week from 10.10.2016 to 16.10.2016, the aim of which is to increase knowledge about global issues and development cooperation as a part of the career and life of an Aalto person. Associations are invited to get involved in the development cooperation week and organise events: for example, discussion events, film nights or workshops. A reward for taking part can be paid, at least to cover the costs of the event.