As a member of AYY, you can use all AYY’s services. The Student Union promotes your interests both at the University and on the national level.
As a member of the Student Union you can
- apply for AYY’s housing
- use Finnish Student Heath Service provided by FSHS
- rent AYY’s facilities rented on a one-time basis or the van
- subscribe to the weekly and/or association newsletter
- apply for TTER-Fund’s project grant for a project to be implemented with a group of friends or your association
- apply for scholarships allocated by AYY
- get a free academic year calendar from the service point
- use Unisport‘s sports services
- get help, support and advice for the establishment and operations of the association
- utilise AYY’s advocacy work when you feel you have been treated unjust
- run as a candidate in the Representative Council elections and become a member of the Representative Council where you can decide on the Student Union’s priorities and policies
- apply for a position of a student representative in administration and promote the students’ interests in the university organs
- read the member magazine Aino (only in Finnish)
- borrow books from the Student Union
By showing your student card, you are entitled to national student benefits: VR, HSL and Matkahuolto provide public transport at a discounted price, Kela subsidises meal costs and YTHS provides Finnish Student Heath ServiceThe list of all benefits available with the student card can be found at frank.fi/en.
In addition the the above-listed, you are entitled to the resources of the student union specialists: they provide advise and expertise in a number of matters, ranging from income to communications. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is something wrong! Contact information can be found here.